After reading an article this past Sunday in the L.A. Times about summer makeup, I decided to add a few of my own favorites. I mean, it's still really pleasant out right now. But I'm talking about when it gets REALLY hot...you know the kind of heat I'm talking about: muggy, pore-expanding, feels like a hot- flash that's on a continuous loop-hot.
1. Skip Foundation. Giorgio Armani has a foundation ( more like a tinted moisturizer) called Face Fabric. It really gives you beautifully sheer coverage. ( $48)
3. Cream Blush. Stila Convertible Color for cheeks AND lips is a non greasy, sheer tint ($25)
2. Concealer. Lancome's Effacernes ( $28.50) is not only waterproof but is also crease-resistant and has a soft, matte finish.
4. Cream Eyeshadow. Laura Mercier's Eye Basics ($24) are water resistant and crease proof in 10 lovely neutral shades.
5. Waterproof Mascara. Lancome's most popular formulations, Defencils, Le Extreme, Hypnose and Flex ($22) all come in waterproof.
6. Brows. Smashbox Brow Tech To Go ($26) has a double ended applicator that has a long wearing
waterproof pencil on one side and a soft hold gel brush on the other.
7. Lips. Viva Glam Lip Glass ( $14) is a shimmery soft pink that just adds a hint of color without being over the top.
Finish with a light dusting of translucent powder and carry some blotting papers for the road.